Welcome

Monday, May 2, 2011

About Preyer for Judgement

Preyer for Judgement?
I just recieved a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55. I just moved to Raleigh, NC and was traveling back from henderson on Rt 1 S. In the drivers manual for NC it states that if there is no sign posted you can go 70 on an interstate. I didnt see any signs so thats why i was going 70. My question is beings that in my 6 years of driving i dont have any traffic viloations and nothing on my record and considering the circumstances would a preyer for judgment be something i should be able to receive? and if in fact i get that whats going to happen? Will i have to still pay the ticket and court fees? and will the points be dropped so my ins isnt affected? Finally, will there be any other fees that i have to pay besides the 170 (for the ticket and court fees)?
Law Enforcement & Police - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
You hit the most notorious speed trap in the state. BTW, you will receive solicitations in the mail to handle this for you. Do NOT, again, do NOT use TTRNC -- they are a rip off. I have always used an attorney in my cases and my daughter's and father's just for the convenience of not having to appear. I know a good one in Franklin county. If you want, email me. Now, to answer your questions. If this is your first offense, you should be able to plead it down to "improper equipment" and save your prayer for judgement for a more serious offense (if necessary). You can only use 1 PJC (prayer for judgment, continued) every 3 years. You will still have to pay court costs and a fine. The attorney, if you choose to use one, will get whatever is left after s/he quotes you a flat fee to handle the case. The flat fee averages around $200 - $215 typically and, as I said, it is worth the little extra to not have to go to court to me. Either way, pleading it down or taking the PJC means NO points for insurance or on license. Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. Contact an attorney to assure your rights are protected. I am only offering knowledge based on personal experience

 Read more other entries :